Boy Scouts of America
Location: Summit Bechtel Reserve; Mt. Hope, WV
Client Website: www.summitbsa.org
Course: Bechtel Summit Reserve
Season of Install: multi-year, year-round project
Completion of Install: July, 2013
Provide the entirety of zip line and ropes course components for the BSA Jamboree – “The Summit”
- Create a world-class adventure playground for Scouts of all ages
- Push the envelope of Aerial Adventure within the beautiful natural environment of the Bechtel Summit Reserve
Countless days of Aerial Adventure for participants of all ages and ability levels
- 12 Canopy Tours were built from nearly 15 miles of cable, providing 3.5 lineal miles of aerial adventure that include 60 individual zip lines
- 4 tree-based and 2 pole-based Challenge Courses were built offering in excess of 100 challenge elements
- 2 Sky-Rider Big Zip Rides were constructed. The Summit Center Big Zip Ride is the first of its kind, with 10 individual zip lines leaving the launch tower and terminating at two separate landing platforms. The Big Zip Line is 3,200 feet in length, the longest in the state of West Virginia, and includes 5 side-by-side racing zip lines.
- The Tree and Zip Skills area is the first of its kind as well, providing Scouts an opportunity to learn the basics of using rope to gain tree access using Bonsai-engineered steel Atlas Beams. The program also allows Scouts to learn adventure park guiding skills such as zip line brake operation and canopy tour rescues.
- A total of 15,481 participants were able to experience Bonsai programs during the Jamboree throughout 198 hours of operation.