Course Layout and Zip Line Tour Routing
Uniquely Defining our Courses
With over twenty years of building experience, Bonsai Design’s course layouts continue to explore new ideas, creative vision, and innovation. Our designers approach each project, and its unique environment, with the intention of maximizing the relationship between the natural landscape and the program’s specific goals.
Bonsai Design’s strength in course layout is displayed most prominently in our tree-based Canopy Tour designs. Whether it’s an Arbor-Flight™ or a Terra-Flight™ course, our products shine as a result of our well-vetted and passionately driven designs. Through establishing professional relationships with arborists and surveyors, we utilize the given terrain to its highest capacity. Designed to create meaningful participant experiences, our course layouts take advantage of the strongest, healthiest, and most aesthetic trees, as well as interesting terrain features (such as view sheds, water features, large boulders, etc.) in order to establish within your program a strong framework focused on success.
Similarly, all of our products, from Sky-Rider™ Big Zip-Rides to Challenge Courses, are laid out with the same set of encompassing design principles. Combined with our state-of-the-art installation techniques and our experienced staff, Bonsai Design’s course layouts continue to deliver meaningful experiences to people of all ages around the country.
Elements and Programs
New Elements, New Programs, New Experiences
Bonsai Design is always exploring new course elements for participants to experience while enjoying our products. Whether it’s braking systems or a new twist on a long-standing Challenge Course element, Bonsai is focused on pushing the industry forward in a multitude of ways. Driven by the concepts of safety and the participant experience, innovative thinking in the design room and in the field has led us to new ideas, both large and small. These innovations provide comprehensive and rewarding programs suited for school-aged children, high-powered executives, adventure seekers and everything in between.
Bonsai Design is proud of its deep roots in the Aerial Adventure Course industry. With a thorough understanding of its origins, Bonsai continues to develop programs suited to be both adventuresome and educational. Our programs are designed to do just that: create a meaningful, enjoyable, exhilarating experience while at the same time providing a desirable level of challenge in a reasonably safe and educational environment. With decades of experience in the industry, Bonsai looks forward to helping you define the focus of your program.
Developing the Industry’s Best
Over the years, Bonsai has recognized the need for improvements and adjustments to equipment being used in the industry that perhaps was manufactured with other purposes in mind. Through diligent research of existing products and in-house technical engineering, Bonsai Design has fully equipped itself, and therefore you, with some of the best available products on the market.
- Bonsai Zip-Grips – Bonsai engineered handles, which attach to the zip trolley, providing ease of patron body positioning and optional hand braking.
- Bonsai Whisper-Zip – Jacketed zip lines create quiet-run zip lining.
- Bonsai Whisper-Roll – Jacketed trolley sheaves create quiet-run zip lining.
- Bonsai Whisper-Lines – Jacketed belay lines create smooth traverses.
- Bonsai Flow-Clip – Our Flow-Clip systems provide ease when transferring from one element to another.
- Bonsai Stay-Clip – Our non-escapable belay system restricts participants from unclipping.
- Bonsai Twin-Zip – By designing zip line systems that utilize dual cables and dual trolleys, Bonsai’s products create a smooth, stable, and quiet flight.
- Bonsai Timber-Struct – Bonsai constructs with robust and sustainable on-site lumber whenever possible, creating a harmonious blend between our structural elements and the surrounding environment. When building larger, timber-framed elements, Bonsai Design utilizes a similar robustness, building structures that are incredibly sound as well as aesthetically pleasing.