- Hometown – Spartanburg, South Carolina, pleasantly in reach of the Appalachian Mountains.
- Foundation- A deep passion for the creative arts and their reflection in the natural world: a year of photographic study at the Maine Photographic Workshops: three years of Creative Writing study at Prescott College in Arizona: good music, good food, good friends.
- Formative moment – A handful of coast-stretching road trips opening up my vision of the American West, most particularly the Southwest and its mind-blowing characteristics and hidden agendas.
Two favorite projects –
- BDI Canopy Tour Installation Standards
- Documenting the BDI 2012 Summit
Five Fire Fuels:
- Open stretches of highway surrounded by natural beauty
- A good book with a good lamp to light it
- Finding the right word for the right situation
- Coffee on the back porch on a beautiful morning
- Waking up in the woods