Zip Line Emergency Arrest Device
Avoid elaborate and deep braking systems with spring arrays and long decks. The Bonsai EAD rolls easily along the wire unless it is impacted when the primary braking system fails. It features immediate lock-off capability under high-speed conditions and provides peace of mind for course operators. In its non-emergency state, the Bonsai EAD functions as part of an interlocking capture system allowing increased efficiency in patron dismount and reducing operator interaction. The EAD also facilitates easy retrieval of stranded participants that come up short of the landing area.
- Durable, cost efficient solution to comply with new standards
- Designed to minimize requirements of platform space
- Smooth, non-resistive operation under non-emergency conditions
- Brake trolley capture capability for easy and efficient participant retrieval
- Immediate lock-off capability when high speed Emergency Arrest is required
- Interlocks with the Bonsai Brake Shuttle and All-Stop
- Soft surface provision for Emergency Arrest situations
- Compatible with existing PPE systems and lanyard types
- Available for both ½” and ¾” wire rope zip lines
- Variable caption features on the Brake Bobbin to accommodate a variety of rider trolleys
- Total Length: 5’
- Pad Diameter: 6” or 10” diameter pad
- Total System Weight (without trolley): 9 lbs.
- Maximum Operational Capacity: Accommodates for impact up to 300 lb. riders at 45 MPH